Monday, October 6, 2008

Longer Short Story

“No not now, why now? Not to me?” I yelled. I just couldn’t believe it had happened, of all the people in the world, it had to be me. It took place a week ago. The day was still clear in my mind like no other, I wish I couldn’t remember but I can.

I had gotten up as usual at five in the morning and got ready for school. Then I had gone to science class. I remember it smelled like an old people’s home in there. I didn’t want to do the stupid experiment so I just had my best friend Mike do it. He was wearing his favorite yellow t-shirt with Chad Kroger, the lead singer from Nickelback, on it. Then after Science class was math which was even more boring. I actually fell asleep during that class. I slept till the bell rang, after which I had to go to Anatomy of the monkey. (Don’t ask why I am in that class I don’t know why either in fact I just took it because I had one space left who knew I would actually get it.) During that class I remember that we had a guest speaker. He was so boring I almost went insane. Finally the bell rang and I got to go to my favorite class gym.

We played flag football. I love flag football. I was on the red team. We scored so many times. I threw five touchdown passes and Mike caught four of them. Then after school was out on my walk home it happened. This old man came and beat me up then stole my wallet with the four hundred dollars I was going to put in the bank in it. (I still remember what he looked like he had gray hair and a big red beard. He was wearing overalls and a Van Halen sweater.) I was so startled after being hit I had just laid there and let him beat me with the bat over and over. It felt like I was getting every bone broken. I thought it would never stop till a teacher on his way home stopped and yelled at him. Which made the old man stopped hitting me but he took my wallet.

So now here I am now lying in bed waiting for my bruises and my arm to heal.

“Joe, you want some meatloaf” said Mom.

“No thanks mom” I said. I didn’t feel real Hungary right now all I could think about is what if I had walked home the back way instead of the shortcut? This might have never happened then.

“Joe,” yelled Mom.

“What?” I said.

“Mike’s on the phone” said Mom. I picked up the phone

“Hello” I said.

“Your homework is to read the monkey king and to make up a test” said mike.

“Thanks but its not like I will be able to do it soon” I said.

“Well ok, you here from the police yet” said Mike.

“No I haven’t I hope they find him though so I get my money back” I said

“Yeah that would be good” said Mike.

“Duh” I said

“Well got to go talk to you later” said Mike. I threw the phone down angrily. I turned on the radio to Cities 97 FM and fell asleep.

About an hour later I woke up to my mom yelling. “Joe, get up”.

“What” I said.

“The police called, you have to go down there and identify him.” I got up and walked to the police station.

“Is this him” said the officer. I recognized him it was the same man but he was wearing a green sweater and red pants this time.

“Yeah” I said.

“There will be a court date on the 7th of October at two o’ clock” he said. So I went home at least they found him no hopefully I will get my money back too I thought.

“Will the defendant please rise” said the judge.

“We find the defendant guilty of assault, battery, and theft” said the jury.

“You will get your money back from the court and he will have to pay us back” said the judge I was happy I got all my money back and justice was served.

No comments: